Heat of Office Romance

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Young Or Old

I'm recently in the market looking for someone to love. I have this problem in making a certain decision. I've narrowed down my choices into two types of lovers. Remember, I'm a guy. I'm looking to starting a relationship either with someone younger or older than me.

Here are the parameters. If I go with someone younger than me, I'll have the upper hand in the relationship. I will be the dominant one. I'll be making most of the decisions, thus, I'll be having more responsibility. Here are some of the consequences. I might be too narrow minded because I'll be used to being in control of the environment. I might overlook my partner's opinions and feelings since I'll just think she's too young, anyway.

On the other hand, here's the result if I decide to go with someone older. I might grow too insecure of my role in the relationship. I won't be the one calling the shots. My partner might be too demanding and/or controlling, thus I won't have a say in any matter. The advantages on the other hand - There will be less responsibility for me. Also, you know what they say about women with experience. *wink wink*

If you look at everything from a romantic's point of view, age doesn't matter. As long as you're both in love, go for it. Love doesn't have logic or a particular way of thinking. Love behaves randomly and is purely subjective to feeling.

As for me, I haven't felt being in love for a long time. So I tend to analyse and weigh all the parameters before getting into a relationship. I know that it's not right, but I've been hurt to much to take any more risks.

3 Comments:

  • Wow, your doomed.

    When I was in your situation. Hurt time and again, wondering about the persuit of happiness I came to the point where I just went for something in common as a starting point.

    If there was a female personage that struck a cord, "Hey, you like {mutual item here} too? Lets go {see\do\try} that together!}

    That one experience would usually tell the tale for taking something further or not.

    Putting blanket limits like you stated, in my mind increases risk.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:19 PM  

  • You're right that age doesn't matter - but not just because of "love". Who the dominent or powerful one is in a relationship has nothing to do with age - it has to do with the type of people involved. Look for the kind of person you would want to be with, rather than the superficial stuff like how many years they have been alive, and you'll do well I think. Good luck.

    By Blogger KJ, at 11:23 AM  

  • Wow you're cirteria for the perfect partner is so much different to mine. Here I'm simply looking for someone who won't cheat on me which is considerably difficult considering my type.

    By Blogger Sid, at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home